Do you have experience working with children from birth to five years old in a classroom setting? Is it your passion to prepare children for life during their most formative years? Have you always wanted to work in a Step Up to Quality Star rated center in an urban setting? Do you want to get paid to play with children every day? If you have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and answered yes to these questions, come work for The Centers for Families and Children!
Under the supervision of the Early Learning Center Site Manager or his/her designee, the Teacher implements program activities encompassing all curriculum content areas as well as the daily care and needs of the children in the early learning center. The successful candidate will maintain classroom records, including attendance, food service tallies, evidence of lesson planning and anecdotal records. He/she will ensure general cleanliness of the assigned classroom and other areas of the center as needed. The teacher is also responsible for maintaining the safety of toys and equipment as well as keeping the classroom neat and orderly.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in early childhood education for Teacher. CDA(Child Development Associate) for Teacher Assistant or Teacher Aide.
-Must have beginning experiences working with children in child care and/or Head Start, church-sponsored activities, or other recreational activities for youths such as scouting, boy/girls clubs, coaching, etc.
- Must be able to work with children indoors and outdoors year round to implement outdoor education curriculum.
- Must demonstrate an ability to understand and meet the needs of young children. Should be comfortable in setting limits for children, as well as encouraging individual creativity.
- Must demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with adults as a member of a classroom team.
- Must have an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served.
- Must have well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pass criminal record and fingerprint check. Annual physical required.
As a six-time NorthCoast 99 winner and a leading non-profit Cleveland employer, the Center for Families and Children provides:
A team-oriented, diverse, and highly ethical culture. Challenging and rewarding work. Leadership that is both strategic and hands-on. Healthy work-life balance.Support for employees by providing competitive compensation including a generous benefits package including tuition reimbursement.
For consideration of this employment opportunity, please forward resume with salary history to:
Email: Fax: 432-7257
The Centers for Families and Children
Attn: Early Learning Center Teacher Positions
4500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44103